Senator Noreen Evans, Chair of the Democratic Chapter of the Legislative Women’s Caucus is proud to announce they have endorsed the following legislative measures moving through the legislative process. The Democratic Members believe these bills will improve the lives women and families.
- AJR 27 (Bonilla) commemorating the 40th Anniversary of Title 9. – Chaptered by Secretary of State August 10, 2012.
- SJR 20 (Evans) encouraging Congress to pass the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act. - Chaptered by Secretary of State June 21, 2012.
- SB 1082 (Corbett) allows a minor in the Safe at Home program to stay in the program upon turning 18. Approved by Governor; Chaptered by Secretary of State September 7, 2012.
- SB 1352 (Corbett) encourages counties to establish Child Advocacy Centers to reduce trauma to child abuse victims. Vetoed by Governor July 3, 2012.
- AB 593 (Ma) eliminates the sunset date on a program allowing incarcerated women to be retried if a battering and its effects defense was not used in the original trial.
- AB 2548 (Mitchell) requires one member of the CA Veterans Board to have professional knowledge/experience in issues faced by women veterans. Approved by Governor; Chaptered by Secretary of State August 27, 2012.
- SB 255 (Pavley) requires surgery safeguards for lumpectomy patients, including insurance coverage for surgery complications. Current law provides these protections to mastectomy patients. Approved by Governor; Chaptered by Secretary of State September 22, 2012.
- SB 1091 (Pavley) allows child victims trial assistance in human trafficking and child pornography cases. Approved by Governor; Chaptered by Secretary of State July 17, 2012.